Applications close 27th July 2019 at 5pm WST.
The call is now open for applications for collaborative projects with Pawsey uptake staff, focused on improving software and workflows at the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre. Projects provide 0.25 FTE of Pawsey staff effort for three to six months during the latter half of 2019.
This call is open to all researchers in Australia meeting the criteria described in the Information for Applicants. Projects that do not have current Pawsey Supercomputing allocations may be granted a Director’s Share allocation to enable the project.
The focus of these uptake projects is to improve the performance of applications that use or potentially could make use of the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre compute resources.
The scope of an individual project may include, but is not limited to:
- Application code migration from MATLAB, Python or R to a low-level language such as C or Fortran.
- Improving the parallel performance of an application using MPI and/or OpenMP.
- Re-factoring code to take advantage of compiler vectorisation.
- Improving code performance by identifying and correcting performance bottlenecks related to data transfer and/or communication.
- Improve the usability of the application by adding support for outputting data using common interchange formats (eg. netCDF or HDF5).
- Improving the performance of the code using CUDA or OpenACC on GPU based architectures.
- Optimising workflows for more efficient queue utilisation, improved job scripts, or use of containers for complex software stacks.
- Developing workflows to visualise large-scale datasets, including remote visualisation, scripting and high-quality image and animation rendering.
- Develop a machine learning application (eg image recognition, language analysis, or other) that utilises research collections stored at Pawsey, or elsewhere.
Full details are provided in the Information for Applicants Pack, including assessment criteria, application process and eligibility rules. Applicants are strongly advised to read this information carefully before applying.
Applications can be submitted by emailing a completed application to email@example.com.